Session Results displays the results for all searches in your current session and each number of results may be clicked to rerun your search. Your search is translated into Embase command line syntax and some understanding of this syntax will help when editing your searches. Click on 'Collapsed' at the top and bottom of the Session Results box if you would like to display less searches in this box.
Hoover your mouse over a search to use the following options:
- View Results: Click to rerun and display the results of your search. The results of your search will be displayed in the Search Results box underneath Session Results.
- Edit: Click here for in-line editing of your search. You may first 'Test' your search before 'Accept and Update'. Using this option will NOT execute a new search, therefore your original search is overwritten.
- Copy to Advanced Search (or to whichever form you started your search): All the terms used in your search, including any limits, are copied to the text box of the original Search Form using command line syntax. After making changes, click 'Search' to execute a NEW search, your original search is NOT overwritten.
- Set email alert: Click and follow the instructions in the email alert window. Please note, you are required to be logged in to set up an email alert. You may 'Register' at the top of Embase.
- Set RSS feed: See RSS for more information.
Other options are available by selecting the checkboxes of one of more searches and using the options on the top and bottom of your session results:
- Save: Select any number of checkboxes and click 'Save' to see your search in Saved Searches. To determine which folder to use when saving your search, follow the on-screen instructions and refer to Saved Search for more information on saving searches in Embase. As in setting up an email alert, you are required to login first.
- Delete: Select any number of checkboxes and click on Delete to delete your searches. All combined searches which refer to any of the deleted searches will also be deleted.
- Print view: Select any number of checkboxes and click Print. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Export: Export your search queries as a HTML, text or CSV file.
- Email: You may email your search queries to colleagues for example by selecting your search queries, clicking on Email and filling in the fields in the Email window.
You may also be interested in learning more about the following:
- Your searches are retained for 4 hours and all searches will be lost as soon as you close your browser, unless you login and save your search or set up as an email alert.
- Instead of selecting individual checkboxes to save, delete or print, you may select all searches in your current session by checking the box at the top left of the Session Results box.